Good Topics for Economic Research Papers: Current Problems You Can Analyze
Selecting a topic for a research paper often proves harder than writing the paper itself. Economics is a vast and interesting subject. Almost everything under the sun falls under its domain. A fact not much appreciated by other related and unrelated fields. Selecting a topic for a research paper in economics is as hard as it is easy! You can select from a myriad of intriguing areas and categories. You can take your pick from writing a research paper on a historical analysis of economic systems to the future of world economy. Yet, the most interesting discussions are those that are current and relevant.
Here is a compilation of hot and current offerings from the subject of economics:
- Do the benefits of college still outweigh the costs?
- Poverty, income and wealth distribution: Are our resources scarce in relation to our needs?
- Is scarcity real? What does it imply: Trade-offs or redistribution of wealth?
- Has “market force” lead to good outcomes? Market versus non-market systems.
- Has the 2008 collapse of economy passed? An analysis of pre and post 2008 market
- The best decisions are made on Marginal Analysis. True or false
- Health care and the role of Prices
- Is environmental pollution a failure of “Market”?
- Should there be a limit to the ownership of private property?
- Are banks necessary?
- Welfare reforms: An analysis of issues
- The impact of government spending on economic growth
- The concept of “Minimum Wage” How is it decided? How it SHOULD be decided?
- Economics of poverty
- World Food Crisis: Is the world short of food, or short of “markets”?
- Is poverty inevitable?
- Hegemony: What it means, what are the causes?
- Trickle Down effect: Where is it seen?
- Was Marx right
- Can huge charities solve any problem?
- Economics of disease and death
- Economics of pharmaceutical industry
- Is the crisis of “access capacity” solvable?
- Why is the world economy sliding down despite Quantitative easing?
- Are Keynesian policies a more viable method to deal with the current economic crisis?
These are just a few of hundreds of intriguing current topics that can be used for your research paper. The best topic will always be the one that is interesting for you, as your enthusiasm and involvement with it will seep through to your reader.
Top 20 Unique Ideas For Economics Essay Topics
To identify the best and most unique ideas for research in economics, one must understand the basics of economics. A simple definition of economics is a social science that is concerned with how goods and services are distributed and consumed. There are numerous compelling and interesting topics to research.How to choose
- Level of qualification- economics classes have a limited scope considering the level of qualification you are targeting. The levels that determine the extent of scope include:
- Postgraduate diploma
The depth and scope of coverage in each of the cases above varies. A writer should know the level at which the research paper will be used.
With a clear understanding of the academic level of your dissertation and the scope of your discussion, here is a list of the most unique essay topics in economics.
- The effect of mobile technology on the economy
- Russia’s political maneuvers and the global energy equation
- A futuristic image in the face of China’s rising economic and political might
- The impact of labor migration and immigration on regional economies
- The effect of the Ebola epidemic on the global tour and travel industry
- Reducing gas prices and the economic impact on countries that are reliant on fossil fuel
- New interest rates in the European region and its impact on economic recovery
- What has been the impact of the World Bank as an organization and what is its future?
- Chinese Trade Policy and its effect on European Nations
- Are there any opportunities arising out of climate change?
- Has the European Union helped or worsened the economic turmoil in the last decade?
- Is cyber hacking an economic opportunity?
- Which is the most vulnerable global/regional economy in 2015?
- Which country made the worst economic move in 2014?
- Is obesity a threat or opportunity in the economy?
- How is renewable energy affecting economies in different regions?
- Does the global biodiversity decline have a negative or positive impact?
- Is nuclear power a plus or minus for developing countries?
- Which is the natural resource for the future?
- Does space exploration offer any significant economic advantage?