Solar power is electricity that is derived from the sun and there are many benefits associated with its use. This article takes a look at the advantages of solar power and the benefits it can provide.
Below you will find many of the advantages associated with the use of solar power.
1 – It Can Save You Money
Apart from the initial cost and maintenance fees of solar panels, generating electricity from solar energy is completely free. This means that for the operational lifetime of a solar panel, it will be busy saving you money on your electricity bills whilst also providing a pay back on your initial investment. Although there is a long pay back period, a typical solar panel installation will still provide a return on investment (ROI) in a matter of years.
2 – There’s No Pollution
Solar panels do not produce any pollution whatsoever. The only pollution that is generated in relation to a solar panel is during the transportation and manufacturing of solar cells and also during the mining of the materials required to produce them.
3 – It Can Power Remote Locations
Solar power is ideal for providing a source of electricity in locations where it may be either impossible, impracticable or uneconomical to install a mains electricity supply. This can include remote locations, garden sheds and also various devices such as garden lighting. A prime example of this can be seen in space where highly advanced solar panels are used to provide a source of electricity for various satellites and also the international space station.
4 – It’s Renewable
Solar power is completely renewable. Although the sun does go down at night-time, it’s guaranteed to come up the next day. This process will occur for as long as life can be supported on earth and means that we’ll be able to benefit from the use of solar energy for the rest of our lifetimes unlike fossil fuels which are a non-renewable energy source and will eventually run out.
5 – There’s No Noise
Solar panels have the advantage that they produce no noise when generating electricity. This can make solar panels more attractive to home-owners who may have been considering a domestic wind turbine which would have produced significant noise pollution. Whether you opt for a solar panel or a wind turbine will however depend on the environment of where you live as these devices are suited to specific environmental conditions.
6 – There’s Little Maintenance
Solar panels require little maintenance. As there are no moving parts in a solar power system, there is little to go wrong with a system that has been installed professionally using the best quality components. The only frequent maintenance associated with solar panels is the annual cleaning of the panels themselves which can often be performed by the property owner depending where they are installed.
7 – Reduces Dependency on Fossil Fuels
Solar power helps to reduce our dependency on fossil fuels. As non-renewable fossil fuels will one day run out, we can at least install technologies today that help to prolong the life of fossil fuels. This can also help to provide energy security.
So there we have the advantages of solar power and the ways it can benefit our lives. Not only can it help to save us money, it is also a clean and renewable form of electricity that requires little maintenance and helps to reduce our dependency on fossil fuels.
Solar energy is one of the most beneficial sustainable forms of energy that human beings can use for a variety of purposes. It is a thoroughly renewable form of energy and can be used by the entire human race till the end of time. There are several different uses of solar energy in our day to day life, such as cooking food in solar cookers, using solar energy for generating electricity as well as heating waters in large reservoirs for saving electricity and resources. It is a very simple technology which can cut short on the cost of energy consumption and make the earth a better place for us to live in.
Pros and cons of solar energy:
Advantages of solar energy
- Solar energy is available for absolutely free of cost. Even though there are equipment and devices required for the generation of solar energy from the rays of sun, the cost is very low as compared to what we spend on fulfilling our energy needs.
- One of the advantages of solar energy is that it can be used in the rural and remote areas as well. In these places, it is usually very expensive to deploy the electricity power grids and solar energy can be generated in ample amount here.
- Solar energy can be extensively used for the purpose of charging devices which consume very little amount of energy, such as calculators and solar cell batteries.
- This is probably the greatest benefit of using solar energy that it does not cause any kind of pollution. Even though the equipment, collectors and devices used are manufactured in big factories, there is no pollution generated during the process of generating solar energy from the heat coming from the rays of sun.
- Solar energy is an infinite source of energy and we will never run out of it till the end of the world. On the other hand, other resources and oil reserves will last for as long as 40-50 years from now.
- Solar energy is a renewable source of energy which can never get out of stock.
Also read:Biotechnology: pros and cons
Disadvantages of solar energy
- Solar energy can only be harnessed for various activities during the daytime when there is ample sunlight available.
- The cost of deploying panels, collectors as well as solar cells for the generation of solar energy is very high and the manufacturing cost of the collectors and devices is also quite high.
- Even though solar power stations are easy to build but the amount of energy harnessed here is very less in output as compared to the conventional power stations of the same capacity.
- There are large acres of land required for the deployment of solar energy plants and for capturing the energy coming from sun. Large collectors are arranged together with each other so as to gather huge amount of energy.
- In places when there is no ample amount of solar energy available, it is very difficult to produce electricity from sun’s energy.
As we can see, solar energy is really the future for us. Although it has few cons, but these can be overcome easily with the advancement in technology. Our governments need to invest more in solar energy so that new technologies like smaller panels and collectors which won’t require much space could be invented.
Essay submitted by high school student Maria.
- Solar energy essay
- benefits of solar energy essay
- essay on solar energy
- advantages and disadvantages of solar energy essay
- speech on solar energy
- importance of solar energy essay
- eassy of solar pannel
- paragraph about advantages of solar energy
- write paragraph solar energy
- solar energy disadvantages and advantages points voice